Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How I fell off the wagon...and how I'm climbing back on.

I know that it has been a while since I have posted and for that, I do apologize.  Not that anybody actually reads any of this, but if there is at least one person who has read this blog, I am sorry for my extended absence.  The reason that I haven't been writing is that I haven't been following a vegan diet for some time.  I underestimated the time, effort and commitment it would require to give up all animal protein cold turkey.  It actually wasn't that hard for me.  It has been hard to listen to my family complain. All. The. Time.  "There is no meat in this!" "Is this another one of your weird vegan dishes."  "I need meat."  "I need cheese."  And that was just my husband, the children were worse.  So, I tried to make different meals: one for me and one for the rest of family.  That was exhausting.  And expensive. And lonely.

And then there was the issue of eating out.  I often find myself running errands and needing to eat something on the go, and besides a hand full of Thai or Chinese places, I couldn't think of anything that I could eat out.  And I love to eat out!  It is my only entertainment.  And so, my downfall began.  And continues.  However, now that I know about the better way of eating, I cannot keep eating an omnivorous diet.  I just can't.  Not to mention that I still get sick from eating either the meat or cheese.  I don't get sick every time I eat it now (my body is adjusting to the toxins again), but now that I now what causes it, how can I continue to eat it, knowing that I am making myself sick?

So.  I have made a decision to haul myself back on the wagon.  But this time with a little help and support.  There is a group on Facebook called Deviously Delicious and on August 28th, they are kicking off the 28 day plant based eating plan from the book The Engine 2 Diet Book.  There is still plenty of time to get the book and join the group. After all, misery loves company the more the merrier! Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment